Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sacrifice

The very definition of mothers and grandmothers out there. Mothers and grandmothers constantly sacrifice themselves in all different ways; their time, lives, hobbies, self esteem, needs, wants, pretty much everything. 

I watch my mom and my grandma who are the most wonderful people on this planet. I see what they have sacrifice to make their children's lives better, richer, fuller, even if it meant pain and suffering for themselves. Unconditional love like that only comes from moms and grandmas (of course dads and grandpas as well). 

My mom came to LA 24 years ago with my dad and us as little ones and her life had completely changed. She left the country she knew and loved and left it so we can have a better life in the US. I can't imagine what it must of been like for her. I can't even stand being away from Japan after a two week visit. To leave Japan forever to start a new life, that is sacrifice. I knew it was hard for her. I admire her strengths and I don't know how she got through it. Same with my grandma. I know it broke her heart and it still honesty breaks mine to not be so close to her. She had to just let go, let it be. She lost her daughter. I also can't imagine that feeling. She'd come to visit often but it was never the same as before. When we lived in 芦屋 myおばあちゃん used to jump on the 阪急 電車 and come see us in a heartbeat from 三木  (兵庫県)。Oh those days 懐かしい〜


This Mother's Day, I want to honor my ママとおばあちゃん for everything they put up with in life. No matter how tough people are on them or how rough life is, they have always sustained and kept their heads up. 

I love you ママとおばあちゃん。You guys gave me the life I so wonderfully live today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment